In keeping with my last post’s theme, a list building mistake, I wanted to talk about the BEST list I ever joined.
Now I will preface this with the following statement…please don’t get your doody head face on if this is not your list! Because the bottom line is that I am on your respective list for a reason…..you got the goods or you give the goods. Either way, I’m on it because you are doing something right.
Now, back to the reason for this post. I joined this guy;s list after joining in a live webinar interview with him over at Serpd. I was totally diggin’ everything he had to say, so I went and checked out his blog.
I liked what I saw and REALLY liked the opt in gift, so I signed up. My friends, that was 6 weeks ago and I am STILL receiving the initial opt in gift. Let me explain.
Who Is This List Genius?
Mark Thompson from StayOnSearch. Now, before you go over there and check it out…let me tell you why Marks’ was the best list I ever joined.
When I saw the opt in form it stated…Free 10 week course. What?! A 10 week course, are you kidding me? For free??? Not 12 million dollars a credit hour?!
Then I clicked on the free course tab on his homepage and was blown away with the sheer volume of information included in the course. Take a looky loo for yourself:
- Week 1 – Strategy: Understanding Your Goals and Setting Expectations
- Week 2 – Market Research & Analysis: Know Your Target Market Before Spending Marketing Dollars
- Week 3 – Paid Search: Using Pay-Per-Click Strategies to Drive Relevant Traffic that Converts
- Week 4 – Search Engine Optimization: How to Gain Free Exposure and Traffic Through SEO
- Week 5 – Content Creation: Creating Compelling, Valuable, and Viral Content
- Week 6 – Link Building: How to Find Quality Link Building Opportunities
- Week 7 – Local Search: Capturing Localized Traffic to Your Website
- Week 8 – Social Media: Build Your Brand, Drive Traffic and Form Relationships Using Social Media
- Week 9 – Making Money: How to Monetize for Your Website or Blog
- Week 10 – Website Analytics/Testing: Understanding Your Audience and Increase Conversions Using Web Analytics
- Bonus – Tools of the Trade: The Internet Marketers Toolbox
So, as you can see….absolutely astounding value offered as an opt in gift. And I can tell you this…I am on week6, Link building, and I could not be more pleased with the course. I look forward to getting my weekly lesson. Actually, I would like a diploma at the conclusion!Mark, if you are reading this, then make it happen okay???
Anyways, I know we all talk about building our lists and what we can do to entice the reader, and I think Mark has it figured out. You want your opt in gift to really be a valuable piece of information.
Mark’s course is the reason I changed my opt in gift from a free one page report, to a very valuable list building tips eBook. The value was clearly in the book and not the report I had created. Maybe I should really switch it up and make it a 10 week list building course?! Hmmm….*wheels rolling*….but I digress.
So, the typical move is to promote our own lists, but I just had to let Mark and the rest of the world know how completely impressed I am with his course and that it’s free!
Mark’s blog is loaded with amazing free content anyways and he also has created a new list building plug in called list eruption. I believe all the details of that are on his site as well.
The Bottom Line
If you have been looking for a full on course on how to do all the tasks necessary in building your blog, then I would highly suggest Mark’s course. And you know I like value and ya can’t beat free! Who says the best things in life can’t be free??!
There are genuine people out there that really do offer top notch value for free when they can. StayOnSearch.com is a great place for you to hang out if you want to hit the next level. Just make sure you come back and visit me too!!
If you want to check out Mark’s 10 week course, check the link below:
Okay, let me have it! What’s the best list you ever joined?
I would appreciate your feedback and sharing!
Image Credit: rockypatterson.com